At 9:30 a.m. ET on Thursday, Oct. 25, KFF (the Kaiser Family Foundation) will release its 18th annual 50-state Medicaid budget survey for state fiscal years 2018 and 2019. KFF and the National Association of Medicaid Directors (NAMD) will hold a joint briefing to discuss trends in enrollment and spending and highlight key policy developments at a time when the majority of states are focused on quality and outcomes while some are pursing policies that could restrict Medicaid coverage. The survey provides new information and data that address a range of Medicaid issues, including:
- What are the latest trends in Medicaid spending and enrollment growth?
- How are states using Medicaid to respond to the opioid epidemic?
- What strategies are states using to curb prescription drug costs in Medicaid?
- Which states are pursuing eligibility restrictions through pending and approved waivers for work requirements, premiums and coverage lock-outs?
- What are the latest managed care trends?
In conjunction with the briefing, KFF will release two reports based on the survey. The first is an analysis of national trends in state Medicaid enrollment and spending. The second, completed in partnership with NAMD, presents detailed state-specific information on Medicaid policies and programs.
Diane Rowland, the Executive Vice President of KFF, will moderate the briefing. Survey findings will be presented by co-authors Robin Rudowitz an Associate Director of KFF’s Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured, and Barbara Edwards, a Senior Fellow at Health Management Associates, which helped conduct the survey.
Offering perspective will be Medicaid directors from two states:
- Dr. Jennifer Lee, Secretary of the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services
- Barbara Sears, Director of the Ohio Department of Medicaid
Thursday, October 25, 2018
9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. ET (Registration and breakfast begins at 9 a.m.)
Barbara Jordan Conference Center
1330 G Street NW, Washington DC
(one block west of Metro Center)
Please register online to attend this event in person.
Oct 25, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (Registration and breakfast at 9:00 a.m.)